1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR MA DISSERTATION

Discussion in 'English' started by bethbala, Jul 13, 2015.

1. bethbala

bethbala New commenter

Hi,

I'm looking for English Literature GCSE teachers who would be willing to help me conduct some research for my MA in Education.

During my studies this year, I became interested in the notion of how a culturally relevant curriculum can be used to appeal and increase engagement in students - especially those from a lower socio-economic or minority ethnic background. However, when looking at the changes implemented within the English Literature curriculum starting in September, they seem to be narrowing and prescribing the curriculum rather than allowing teachers to choose from a wider variety of texts that would appeal to their particular students. My study looks into what teachers thought of these changes (seeing as the government didn't really bother asking anyone!) and whether or not they think it may affect the engagement and possibly the attainment of students. Obviously, as these changes have yet to be implemented, it's more of a preemptive look at what you think will happen so there are no right and wrong answers; someone else can have the pleasure of looking at the results in two years' time! :D

Interviews can be conducted over the phone as my dicta-phone is capable of recording interviews over a speakerphone so I won't have to bother you by turning up at your home or work! If you are not able to participate, could you pass on details of this study to any teachers who you think would be willing to take part?

May I take this opportunity to thank those of you who agree to give up your time take part in this. I'm incredibly grateful!

2. cherryaimless

cherryaimless New commenter

Away until 1st August, but you can send me a message to set up contact after that date, if you like.

3. I'd be happy to be interviewed. PM me.