1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Volunteers for moderation

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by TES_Rosaline, Sep 14, 2015.

1. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Thank you @Rott Weiler The time stamp is when you posted the message and not when it was approved. I think it is correct.

@marlin Thank you for letting me know. That's reassuring that you can't see the message. Did you get an alert?

Thank you, I got an alert for this.

Moderated users can reply to messages but not send new PMs. @Rott Weiler, Please can you try to send a message?

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

No, I didn't see any alerts from posted messages until 2.05pm - there's a screen shot in message #97.

3. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

I only quoted it @TES_Rosaline in case there was any confusion about default time zone settings on beta forum - it was the real world time from the clock on my wall at home!

Will do

4. Rott Weiler

I had 'Show your online status' turned off anyway. I've turned it on now. Does that make any difference? @marlin @TES_Rosaline

marlin likes this.
  5. marlin

@Rott Weiler
    Have you just checked the box 'show on line status?
    I now see the green dot to show you are online.
    upload_2015-9-16_14-25-28.png

6. Rott Weiler

I noticed that while on pre-moderation while my posts await moderation they all have the same post number. Presumably that's so that anyone else viewing the thread doesn't realise there are pre-moderated posts missing because of a gap in the post numbering @marlin @TES_Rosaline

upload_2015-9-16_14-25-35.png

7. marlin

8. marlin

@TES_Rosaline @Rott Weiler
    I know, from our 'conversation', that Rott Weiler has posted a reply to my question about turning on his status.
    upload_2015-9-16_14-30-56.png

It does not appear in Postings (which is as it should be).

9. marlin

10. marlin

11. marlin

@TES_Rosaline @Rott Weiler

Rosaline - our 'reported' posts are still there. I'm assuming you haven't had a change to deal with them, but just checking that have received our reports.

12. marlin

13. marlin

14. marlin

@Rott Weiler

I'm going to attempt to Follow You, from the profile pop-up.

15. TES_Rosaline

Thank you @marlin

@Rott Weiler Thank you. That's very helpful. I'll have to check if the clock is correct. It's right in the admin system, but this might have changed with people using the system in real time. @Rott Weiler @marlin If you see any discrepancies with the time stamps please can you screen grab it and include the time that it should have shown, if possible? Thank you.

Thank you.:)

No, as far as I know your online status should not make a difference with moderation. I think it was to let @marlin and me know that you are online, but I could be wrong. Is that right @marlin?

I did not know that @Rott Weiler. That's good to know and a helpful feature.

@marlin That is also another interesting feature about pre-moderation. Thank you.

Thank you.

Great.

Thank you for the screen grab @marlin

16. marlin

That seemed to work
    upload_2015-9-16_14-48-27.png
    Did you get an alert that I have started following you?

17. TES_Rosaline

Thank you @marlin

18. marlin

Yes - it was to let me know that Rott Weiler was online and then to check what his profile pop-up displayed. I attached a screen snip - it showed when, but not where.

19. Rott Weiler

Yes, I got the Alert that you are now following me - timestamped 2.47pm (4 minutes ago as I write)

I've just Followed you. Have you had an Alert for that?

EDIT Can I still Edit this? Answer = yes

20. marlin