1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Volunteer work TA

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by shabz45, Sep 6, 2018.

  1. shabz45

    shabz45 New commenter

    HI I Need some help please. The school i am going to start placement in are asking what is expected for me to do. I have no prior formal experience with children. I am going to start an online Supported teaching and learning in Schools course Level 3 cache.
    Do I ask to shadow a fellow TA so i can learn what to do or will i be ok on my own?
  2. welshwizard

    welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

    The school should provide a general induction programme as they do with any new member of staff this covers basic organisational procedures and arrangements and child protection. They should also arrange for you to shadow an existing TA so you can see what is expected in the classroom. You should be briefed by the teacher for the class you are joining about what they will expect and any particular issues with individuals.
  3. Wotton

    Wotton Lead commenter

    I thought they were asking about the expectations of the course ie are there specific areas you need to cover in the course and how they can help you with this.

Share This Page