1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Volunteer Holiday

Discussion in 'Personal' started by tango78, Jan 28, 2011.

1. tango78

tango78 New commenter

Hi all,

I am looking for a short volunteer holiday maybe a week or 2 at Easter or in the Summer but don't want to pay a fortune for it!
    Anyone done this and found a reasonably priced organiser?
    Any info would be lovely, thanks

Tango

2. tango78

tango78 New commenter

Hi all,

I am looking for a short volunteer holiday maybe a week or 2 at Easter or in the Summer but don't want to pay a fortune for it!
    Anyone done this and found a reasonably priced organiser?
    Any info would be lovely, thanks

Tango

3. BTCV do conservation volunteer holidays in the UK ad abroad. National Trust do UK based working holidays. Google for their web-sites. I've been on several of both in the UK and loved every one of them.

4. tango78

tango78 New commenter

Thanks, I'll check them out,

5. Me too, some very good memories from mine. Look at the RSPB too, they sometimes have one or two week volunteer opportunities

6. Have a look at WWOOF if you want to go a bit further afield - I was interested a few years ago but never quite had the bottle.

7. A friend of mine regularly volunteers at Sense holidays. They provide residential active holidays for people who are deaf and blind. She loves it enough to go every year.
    Check out their web page:
    //www.sense.org.uk/jobs_volunteering/volunteer/holiday