1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Voice activated software- does anyone use? Can suggest alternatives?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by Sarah Barnett, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Hi

I am struggling to use my hands effectively. I come under Access To Work and it was suggested if I had deterioration in my hands, voice activated software could be useful.

I am struggling to write/mark books due to sheer amount I need to get through.

Can anyone suggest a way of marking and feedback to meet requirements but help me physically?

Does anyone have experience of use as a teacher of voice activated software?

I was thinking of speaking my comments, for it to be transcribed and then print out and stick in book.

some software are compatible with iPhone so could be more flexible in how I work.

any ideas greatly appreciated

2. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

We use Dragon Dictation at work, have you tried that?

3. Thanks for replying. I have not tried anything yet but have read good reviews of this one. Do you use this as a teacher or admin? How do you find it?

4. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

The children use it! Once it gets used to your speech patterns, it can become quite accurate. we have it on ipads ( specific children with specific ipads-so it doesn'tbecome confused!) and can then print straight from there.