1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Vocational education, Chinese style .....

Discussion in 'Education news' started by binaryhex, Feb 10, 2019.

1. binaryhex

binaryhex Lead commenter

The UK Government seems amazingly quiet on China's vocational training scheme for a million Uyghurs. Presumably, it believes China, when it says they are retraining them to become plumbers, carpenters etc.

I always thought Nazi concentration camps by another name should be robustly confronted. Apparently, our MPs have forgotten the appeasement lessons of the past.

blueskydreaming likes this.
  2. binaryhex

binaryhex Lead commenter

3. FredfromFrance

FredfromFrance New commenter

As long as the people at the top are profiting, they will never act for justice.

Just like the school system. As long as Gove type people can thrive, they will just keep their heads down in the trough.

Morals, ethics and justice only come into it when the gravy train is threatened.

4. blueskydreaming

blueskydreaming Lead commenter

I completely agree with you,

I live in China and find it increasingly difficult to know what is (reported) to be happening.

5. rouxx

rouxx Lead commenter

Spent ten years in China and left 18 months ago. Just had a visit from a friend who is still there...she reports it has changed beyond belief and she is out this year. Can’t justify staying.