1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

VLE - who do you use?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lou77, Jan 18, 2011.

1. We are revising our VLE provider and wonder if people could comment on who they use and how they have found it? We have not got up and running with ours yet so any tips would be great.

2. We use Uniservity, but they are currently creating a brand new VLE called Life (I think...) So it may be worth waiting until August to use them.

3. We have decided this is a route for us not to travel down yet.

4. I thought it was statutory? We have just started to implement fronter in our infant school. A complete waste of money and time!

5. We use wizkid (also known as studywiz)
    Personally I love it but I'm an ICT nerd and have no basis for comparison to other VLE's.

6. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

We use kaleidos provided though RM. Think that might be statutory for our county (Herts).

As a confirmed ICT geek, I hate it, it's slow, buggy and too fiddly to edit. Only seems to work properly on Internet Explorer (so no good for me at home with Chrome or Firefox) as other editing options don't display on other browsers. Also it can be tricky to navigate unless you know exactly where you're going.

I'd avoid this one like the plague if you can!

7. s1oux

s1oux New commenter

COuldn't agree more.

We're being pushed to use Fronter but it costs a couple of grand I think and is just massively over engineered for the needs of a small primary.
    With these other options, does anyone know of a fairly simple / cheap option?

8. I'm with you cinnamonsquare. We use kaleidos too and it drives me nuts. It is a nightmare to edit. I am currently trying to figure out how to upload videos taken on my flip camera. Even the ICT person can't do it. Avoid this one like the plague.