1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

VLE and websites

Discussion in 'Classics' started by Petite Joueuse, Sep 14, 2009.

1. I do apologise if this has been asked before, but I am a recent arrival in the classics area.
    Can anyone recommend any good classics websites? I am looking for Latin in particular, and my pupils range from 13 to 18. Anything accessible for them would be really useful.
    Also, I will be creating a Latin area on my VLE. Does anyone use their VLE for Latin? How?What?

many thanks,
    PJ

2. mpc

mpc

PJ,
    Hi!
    The Cambridge Latin site is very good indeed in that it has pretty much all the content of the books in electronic form. In fact it has a wealth of stuff.....There are also DVDs but these have proved expensive/unsustainable given the small number of students involved.
    I've run a Latin club over the last couple of years and put lots of worksheets (comprehension/grammar) on our school shared area for students to access. I would be more than happy to pass these on if you are following the Cambridge course. Also, there is a Classics teacher resource area you may want to have a look at.
    Best wishes,
    mpc

3. salve mpc,
    You are a total star.
    Yes, we are following the Cambridge course - we have books 1 and 2 (the 2nd books have just been handed out to the group now in their second year of learning - we only have one hour a week).
    I would love to see your resources....but don't know how I can repay the favour....
    If you don't mind sharing your resources, can you PM me? Really appreciated.
    vale
    PJ

4. Hi. Like Petite Joueuse, I will be starting a Latin club for students, and would like to put stuff on our VLE. We will be following the Cambridge course. Could I be really cheeky and ask if you could pass anything? Really looking forward to starting the club, but feelign a bit daunted!
    Thanks in advance
    Bijou 63 (bijou63@hotmail.co.uk)

5. mpc- I'm being cheeky and jumping on the bandwagon too, is there any chance you could send me the resources as well, I'm very new to Latin teaching and am very interested in how others use the CLC

Thanks a lot!

Email is:
    susanlwoods@hotmail.co.uk

6. mpc

mpc

I will send you some Book I stuff when I get the chance.
    There is also a Cambridge SCP site where people upload resources which might be of help. Go to the site and email Will Griffiths who is mega helpful.
    Will be in touch soon,
    mpc
    PS Good to hear Latin isn't dead!

7. Just realised I hadn't thanked you- the resources are great, much appreciated!

8. mpc

mpc

9. Hi there, i was just looking for some worksheets too. wasn't sure if you could email me some stages 13-20.

10. mpc

mpc

If you DM your email, I can have a look through what I've got for you.