1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Viv Westwood thinks people look ugly in their clothes.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Spanakopita, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Spanakopita

Spanakopita New commenter

They dress like clones. Only women in their 70s look good, she says. Would you be seen out in the things she designs? To me she looks like a freak. And I always suspect she's allergic to soap and water.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

They dress like clones. Only women in their 70s look good, she says. Would you be seen out in the things she designs? To me she looks like a freak. And I always suspect she's allergic to soap and water.

3. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Can you still buy soap? I mean a proper bar of soap, rather than the liquid stuff?

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Viv Westwood thinks people look ugly in their clothes.
    Should read: Viv Westwood surely must know that people look ugly in her clothes.
    Wasn't the blue dress below by her?
    [​IMG]_______________________________________
    TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

5. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Great post Theo [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Well she makes up her models to look like they need it.
    [​IMG]

7. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Of course you can still buy blocks of soap!!! Dont you see them when you are buying your liquid soap? Not trying to be arsey but I was really puzzled by the question.[​IMG]

8. I think she is right in that people do dress like clones.
    On a visit to a city, I noticed that hair styles, hair colour, tops, bottoms, jackets, jewellery, footwear all conformed to a sort of uniform including colour ways.
    The young middle aged seemed to go for brighter colours.
    Shops seem to sell the same things.
    It suits me because I dont like standing out.
    I think her design ideas - on the cat walk are invariably unwearable but I think she is a leader in direction that is followed.by other designers. They may tone it down, make the styles, cuts wearable but waists may be nipped, collars big, and fabrics heavy or light depending on the direction she and the other leaders, set.

9. modelmaker

I have to confess that shopping isn't something I take an enormous interest in. I shop, of course, but only for the things my wife has put on the list, which may include liquid soap, as such is her preference. It seems to be the preference in other homes I go to as well.
    Back in the midst of time, I worked with an older man who came from the waste not, want not generation. When a bar of soap was getting worn out, he would join it onto a new bar by wetting them both and pressing them together, thus forming a bar of soap that never ran out.

10. All these girls wearing tight leggings without skirts. Panty-lines on show or camel-toes. Urgh. Many are little more than tights either. Or wearing cut-off shorts and tights in freezing weather in the hope of seeming fashionable.
    It is undesirable and frankly ugly.
    Nothing worse than fat legs in tight leggings. Vomit inducing.

11. Let it all out, brambo...

As for Viv Westwood, I really like her structuring. I think her clothes have become more wearable these days.

12. As a pupil at school said before the hols.
    "Sometimes I feel like a paedo, when I see what they wear on a night out and all I can think of is read my lips..."
    Coming from an 18yo about Y10 girls its worrying.

13. Thanks for sharing.

14. Spanakopita

When we were young we had a mug full of ends of soap all squashed down together. I still use bars of soap. I have a whole drawer full. I love Roger et Gallet particularly Vetiver and Extra Vieille and I love Crabtree and Evelyn's Jojoba. Such a treat. I love opening the drawer as I go by sometimes and smelling them all.

15. I'm a soap-buyer too - I don't like the dispensers.
    I love L'Occitane, but I don't often buy that for myself. Pears is the one I usually get.

16. Spanakopita

Me too!

17. Me too...... have a shea butter one on the go at the mo

18. kittylion

kittylion Established commenter

I might look bad in my clothes but I look a darned sight worse without them.

19. modelmaker

Here you go guys, coffeekid about to take a bath:

[​IMG]

20. You'd have thought the filter would have banned M akeover p rograms.