1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Visualisers

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cranberryjuice, Jan 31, 2011.

1. cranberryjuice

cranberryjuice New commenter

Hi I have been give the task of selecting a Visualiser or two for school. I was looking at Avermedia ones but have heard from a neighbouring school that is doesn't work with our network.
    Is this right, is it not a case of just plug in and play? Just wondered what ones you have and how you find them. I am in Warwickshire - if that makes a difference!!
    Thanks

Crnaberryjuice

2. cranberryjuice

Hi I have been give the task of selecting a Visualiser or two for school. I was looking at Avermedia ones but have heard from a neighbouring school that is doesn't work with our network.
    Is this right, is it not a case of just plug in and play? Just wondered what ones you have and how you find them. I am in Warwickshire - if that makes a difference!!
    Thanks

Crnaberryjuice

3. Hello my name is Kate Wakefield
    I work for a company called TTS. We have available a Visualiser that was really designed to achieve cost saving. Our research in developing this was led by primary schools, who told us that they had spent a lot of money on buying a Visualiser with a lot of functionality they simply didn't use. The Easi-View is fraction of the cost of the AverMedia ones and offers good quality great value for money. Take a look http://www.tts-group.co.uk/shops/tts/Products/PD1726879/
    If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me on kwakefield@tts-group.co.uk
    Alternatively if anyone has any feedback we are very keen to hear from you as we constantly try to adapt and improve our offering to schools.
    Good Luck!

4. cranberryjuice

Thanks Kate.

5. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

Don't buy the easiteach ones, they are rubbish. They do not work as good as the proper visualizers (the ones that look like a projector with lights at the side). I have to have anything I want to show about a cm away from the visualizer for it to work properly. We have another small visualizer, I cannot remember the make, but it's also terrible. You get what you pay for.

6. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

We have geenies, I bought a job lot, one for each class and got a good deal. We went for the mid range one ( about £300 each) they're excellent.

7. cranberryjuice

Hi, thanks both for your comments. My children's school have geenies too and seem to like them. Might ask if I can borrow one to try out, don't want to get one only to find out it does'nt work on the network!

8. cranberryjuice

oops - doesn't!!!!!

9. upsadaisy

upsadaisy New commenter

Your IT people should be able to make a network installer disc if needs be. Or you could just install direct to a laptop.

10. cranberryjuice

Hi,

I don't really have any IT people! A tech half a day a half term and we never get to the bottom of a list!!!

11. polly2

polly2 New commenter

I have feedback Kate,
    Whilst your visualiser is very good and serves its purpose, I found it to be quite annoying as it fell over whenever I adjusted the head. In the end I had to stick it down with bluetack! I currently use the avermedia one, it works fine and stands up!!! Kate, I did find your visualiser to be excellent but the fact that it was so uncontrollable was a huge drawback for me.

12. nomad

nomad Star commenter

We use AverMedia. Quality all round. They are solid, reliable, give a good quality picture in low-light situations and I find their integral light and laser corner-markers very handy.
    I don't know the Easi-View, but anything which falls over when adjusted should be treated with caution.

13. cranberryjuice

Thanks all for your repsonses - looking at this over the next week, going to see if i can possible try some on approval!

14. We are looking to purchase visualisers and would appreciate any helpful feedback on the machines you are using or have evaluated.

15. We have various models of AverMedia and have never had any problems with them, they're fab!

16. I'd appreciate any updates on this topic [​IMG]

17. http://www.geneeworld.com/visualiser/genee-vision-2100.php
    I'd recommend these from Geenee.

18. Thanks canter, I'll have a look :)

19. School Boy Error

School Boy Error Occasional commenter

We have AverVisions in each class but at BETT I saw a HoverCam - they are much, much better! Software is much sleaker so I've just ordered one with a view to replacing the AverVision. I'm in Warwickshire too if you'd like to come to our school and have a look and what we use PM me.

20. mprimaryz

mprimaryz New commenter

Don't waste your money on a visualiser! Get an ipad and the app called skitch. Also need Apple TV. Possibilities are endless but you can take a picture of anything e.g. Child's work. Instantly appears on the screen and you can annotate it, highlight it etc rather than fading with a stupid visualiser. Way more expensive I know but move with the times.