1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Visual Timetables?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by minnieminx, Sep 4, 2011.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Where do you get yours from?

I have a child in my class next year who needs to have one as part of his IEP. (No I don't know either!)

I've looked at a couple, but they seem to be more for FS and I will be year 2...making one would take too long.

Any ideas much appreciated.

2. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Where do you get yours from?

I have a child in my class next year who needs to have one as part of his IEP. (No I don't know either!)

I've looked at a couple, but they seem to be more for FS and I will be year 2...making one would take too long.

Any ideas much appreciated.

3. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

We use Communication in Print. If it's not widely used in your school, your SENCO might have it .

4. Hi Minnie,
    I used Boardmaker last year for a child in my class who had autism. My TA spent hours making it where it broke down every part of every lesson. He hated it with a vengeance and was only interested in the class one I had displayed on the board.
    I've made all the individual cards and I just display it on a strip of card using velcro. It just breaks down the day into the different subjects. Very simple, and most days he would put the subjects on himself.
    If you'd like the template of the pictures (it's on word so you can adapt it to your needs) just private message me your email and I'll send it to you. I have Year 5/6 but it will be suitable for Year 2 too.

5. Msz

Msz Established commenter

6. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter

Think mine is from communication4all, children LOVE telling me when I have forgotten to change it or when for various reasons we don't stick to it!

7. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Thank you all....I knew people here would have a whole host of ideas!

I like the interactive one Irulan, but am not sure if I could use it. I couldn't have it up on the IWB all the time, maybe a laptop near where he has his special desk?

8. Whoops - put that one in twice. I was trying to link to Bev Evans site but obviously didn't copy and paste properly. She's also got quite a lot in TES resources - if you search for visual timetable and Bev Evans. Mind you I think her site is absolutely fabulous and, if you can't find what you want, email Bev and she will generally sort something out for you. Wonderful lady.

9. mine should be here on the resource bank

10. I made one on word by creating boxes then adding word art and clip art, really easy to make if you want to have specific lessons.