1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Visitor/workman

Discussion in 'Personal' started by angiebabe, Jul 26, 2012.

1. angiebabe

angiebabe Occasional commenter

Oh I am in a dilemma. It is soooooooo warm and humid here in the North West. I want to be out in the garden in skimpy top and shorts.
    However - my boiler is faulty and the man who has been trying (unsuccessfully I might add) for the past week lives 3 doors away. He said he would call yesterday but didnt. So, I am fully expecting him to turn up today. If I'm in the garden I will have to leave the back garden door open as I wont hear the doorbell.
    I cannot, repeat, cannot be seen in my skimpy top and shorts because I know how gross I look. If the neighbours on either side see then it is there fault for looking! When boilerman called on Monday he had his mate with him. Dont get me wrong I dont fancy either of them and I know they wont fancy a 60yr old retiree but I would be very embarrassed if they came.
    Will I just have to look 'presentable' and hot or should I just risk it?
    btw 'hot' as in 'very uncomfortably warm'

2. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

why should yousuffer for a workman
    wear what you like as long as he dont get any ideas..if so have a pair of trousers or top you can slip them onon if he rings and your worried abaout imodesty.
    myself i dont mind what people wear ,or dont ,when im working in a house,,,,a long as it dont stop me from getting finished and earning my cash in hand immmoral crust! lol

3. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

What has he been trying?

4. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Keep a dress in the house that you can slip on as you walk through to answer the door.

So easy!

5. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

I find it far cooler to lol around in a cotton kaftan, you still get tanned through the fabric and it helps protect the skin from the sun'd rays.

6. angiebabe

angiebabe Occasional commenter

Ooops 'trying to repair it (the boiler)' is what I should have written.
    Ah the point was that I would not be answering the door - he would just be able to walk around into the back garden as I wouldn't hear the door bell.
    I've compromised and put a skimpy top on but cut off thin trousers. Its not actually as hot as it was earlier but for some reason I am soooooooo sleepy. I didn't get up until 9.30 either. This retirement /alcohol free nights malarcky is playing havoc with my sleeping habits. I'm going to bed later because I can't sleep and getting up later in the morning but I still feel tired all day!!!!!!!
    Ah a kaftan - how lovely that would be. unfortunately they don't seem to sell too many of them here in the NW of England - strange that, don't you think?