1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

visiting the olympic 2012 park

Discussion in 'School trips' started by rkmsc1, May 24, 2011.

1. Has anyone done a school trip to the 2012 park? I am trying to sort one out and don't know where to begin. Any ideas?

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I have no intention of going withing miles of that white elephant. However I would be very surprised if the website does not have details of how to visit.

3. We are situated in Essex on the rail line into Liverpool St - about 20 miles north of London. The official website is about as useful as a chocolate tea pot and calling them is no better. I think I may just pop them on the train into London and go to Viewtube. I have found it very frustrating to get clear advice on this but I know loads of schools go there. Thanks for the tip anyway

4. I am sure some of the big boys in the world of geography are running them for teachers but at a cost of about £200per day. Try geographical association website or RGS. Might be worth going on one then doing your own trip for the students? It links in to the geo curriculum so start with those companies that are aimed at geo teachers

5. Went on a trip with STS to the olympic site. Very interesting to see the transformation, I'd been there over three years ago with my geography A level students.
    http://www.ststravel.co.uk