1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Visiting Examiner Question

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by Figmo, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Figmo

Figmo New commenter

Hello,

Please could someone advise as to whether I will still be paid by my school as well as Edexcel for the days I am visiting schools?

Thank you

2. Figmo

Figmo New commenter

Hello,

Please could someone advise as to whether I will still be paid by my school as well as Edexcel for the days I am visiting schools?

Thank you

3. corblimeyguvnor

corblimeyguvnor New commenter

Hi Figmo -
    This is an arrangement between you and your school. My school pays, but only because they claim the teacher release fee to fund the cover/supply. This therefore means I get less actual money for doing the examining (there are different fees for with teacher release/without teacher release).
    You have to arrange this with your Head.
    :)

4. Figmo

Figmo New commenter

Hello Guv,
    Thaks for your reply! My school will be claiming the Teacher Release Fee so yes, I will be earning less from Edexcel.

5. I'm an AS visiting examiner and I ensure that my visits are done after the school day to save on issues such as cover or anything else.

6. You are employed by your school. A day's examining is re-embursed by the Board and the teacher-release covers the cost of supply for your absence. After all, if you were on a course, the school would pay you a day's pay AND have to pay for cover. The fact you also get paid by the Board is a bonus! After all, you set cover work for when you are not in school, and will mark anything produced that needs marking, and follow up on any issues from the day, so you are paid for it. Nothing about arrangements and individual schools. If your school allows you to examine, they pay you and claim the supply/cover cost back using the teacher-release arrangements. Anything else isn't lawful.

7. Figmo

Figmo New commenter

That's great, thank you very much fo your responses. I am very excited about embarking on this new role, having a good old nosey at the Drama in other schools [​IMG]