1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Visiting a school prior to making an application

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by anon8315, May 4, 2011.

1. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

Hello
    I work in secondary so this isn't typical - however I have arranged to visit a school next week as this was encouraged on the advert. The post is middle management.
    The first thing I am wondering is what to wear! I'm going after school so would my typical work attire (smart but not a suit) be acceptable or do I need to wear a suit to make a good impression?
    Also, if I do decide to apply, do I make reference to the visit in my application?
    Thank you!

2. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

Hello
    I work in secondary so this isn't typical - however I have arranged to visit a school next week as this was encouraged on the advert. The post is middle management.
    The first thing I am wondering is what to wear! I'm going after school so would my typical work attire (smart but not a suit) be acceptable or do I need to wear a suit to make a good impression?
    Also, if I do decide to apply, do I make reference to the visit in my application?
    Thank you!

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

My usyal advice for an interview lesson is something you feel comfortable in - so usual teaching attire?
    Then I would add a smart jacket /cardi for the actial visit.