1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Visit Planning

Discussion in 'School trips' started by CambsSEN, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Hi,

I'm new to the role of Educational Visits Coordinator and I'm looking for help. I am seeking some software or resources that make planning a trip more organised. We currently use a paper checklist of jobs, a spreadsheet of notes and another sheet to track pupil payments.

I've heard that there is PC software of templates that track all the tasks, payments made and deadlines. The only one I've found online is tweezy trips and that doesn't seem to track pupil payments but i may be wrong. Does anyone know anything about this or other systems or resources I could try?

2. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Shouldn't your bursar be looking after the money? That is one of the 24 tasks teachers don't do! In fact that task was taken off us even before the 24 tasks came in because we can't be trusted!

If you pm me with an email address I;ll send to the pdf of the advice or LEA issues. It contains checklists for trips and other stuff. I can also send you the template we use fo risk assessments. I'm surprised you didn't get this sort of stuff on your EVC certification course.

3. It isn't part of the EVC's job load to sort out childrens payments.