1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Visa Process for Kuwait

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by johnio, Feb 16, 2012.

1. johnio

johnio New commenter

Does the original degree parchment need to be stamped or will a scanned copy suffice?

Having contacted the University they stated it was very unusual for the original degree to be stamped and that it was usually the scanned copy. Moreover they stated that stamping the original may deface it, and thus it may be rejected by future employers.

That said the information I have been provided by the Kuwait school states that the original needs to be stamped.

I'd welcome any comments from those of you, who have in recent years acquired a Kuwait work visa.

Johnio

2. tica

tica New commenter

It has to be the original. This is not particularly unusual - mine is covered in stamps and notarisations from various countries and has never been rejected on that account.

3. johnio

johnio New commenter

Thank you Tica.

That said, I recently contacted the Kuwait embassy in London and they told me that they are not interested in original certificates being stamped - there main interest is that a copy is stamped by the Foreign Office.

I also realised from my discussions with the embassy that I am proceeding too early with the documentation as all dates need to be within three months of taking up the visa; thus I need to start at the end of May/ start of June.

Again thank you for your reply.

Johnio

4. Alphaalpha

Alphaalpha New commenter

http://www.embassylegalisation.co.uk/kuwait

This might help!

Good luck!