1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Virtual Teaching

Discussion in 'Scotland - curriculum' started by gemgems69, Oct 11, 2019.

1. gemgems69

gemgems69 New commenter

Anyone experiencing vacant posts being cut and online programs introduced as money saving option, looks like I’m out of a job

2. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Do you have a permanent contract in a school? I would have assumed that you would be redeployed somewhere else in the local authority?

3. gemgems69

gemgems69 New commenter

No I’m a supply teacher and the only one in the dept. The future?

4. teachaaaaaa

teachaaaaaa New commenter

Some authorities are looking at ‘hub and spoke’ approaches particularly for advanced higher in less demand subjects or where it is hard to get staff. Glasgow works this well I think at cally university but in rural areas it seems to mean conference call and e learning type solutions.

5. gemgems69

gemgems69 New commenter

I despair! How can replacing subject teachers with online/VT raise attainment? This isn’t adv higher pupils this is S1 to 6. It’s not that the school can’t get staff, I was encouraged to apply for the job when it came up - it’s just no longer there☹️