1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Virtual sports day

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by BSL1, Jun 3, 2020.

1. BSL1

BSL1 New commenter

At my school we are thinking about putting together a virtual sports day. I just wondered if anyone has any good home-based tasks or any other ideas which you may be planning to do in your school. Thanks in advance.

2. The-Gaffer

The-Gaffer Occasional commenter

Have a look on Twitter there are a few that I have seen

3. BSL1

BSL1 New commenter

Thanks The-Gaffer but I do not do Twitter. Do you have any details?

4. historyexcel

historyexcel New commenter

My school here ran a virtual sports day via Google docs. Students could do a variety of suitable home sports activities and then submitted their score along with evidence that they actually did the event to a Google Doc. And or did events live via zoom.

5. historyexcel

historyexcel New commenter

The major take away for me was do the same events you normally would do on sports day or as part of a fitness regime using the kinds of things you find at home. For example instead of running 100m jog on the spot for 1.00 minute, etc.

6. Disillusioned_dana

Disillusioned_dana New commenter

Hi, we organised one for our junior school last week. This was a huge success. We created some instructional videos of each event and how to set it up. We wanted to make it accessible to all pupils to each event required minimal equipment. If you have a house system you could link it to that.

happy to share what we have.