1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Virtual interview

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by panandtilt, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

Hard luck, but well done! As you say, you can take the positives away for next time and learn from it all.
    Best wishes!

2. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

No, most don't, I agree, because of the logistics. But they surely would, if they could, wouldn't they? - and it just seemed to me a very big appointment to make without actually meeting the candidates.
    Were I a governor, I might be tempted to argue for a delay, if there were someone who could be an "acting" and deputize for a term or so... that's happened often enough when a HT has been ill.

3. panandtilt

panandtilt New commenter

I had a budget to look at and comment on regarding positives and negatives. I had some year 4 data to scrutinise. I also had to plan an assembly. I had a virtual 'coffee' with 8 staff members who all asked me a question and then a formal interview with various governors, LA lead and Diocese lead. It was very positive and I actually enjoyed whole process.