1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Virtual Gastric Band - What do you think?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by gorgybaby, Jul 8, 2012.

1. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

By all means try it but I would also recommend my fitness pal. My secretary and a couple of our teachers have used this in preparation for summer and they have all lost at least a stone just by recording what they eat/ how much they exercise and counting calories. It's not for everyone I'm sure, but it's free and if you have an I phone or other smart phone you can take it with you wherever they go. They're actually getting quite competitive now. I think I may end up running a school full of anorexics if I'm not careful.Good luck, whatever you decide.

2. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Nooooooooo! Don't buy it!!!!

3. But i haven't got a phone thingy!!!! And Giraffe I gave very cleat instructions to encourage me to buy it - I am ever so slightly disappointed that you haven't taken any notice. [​IMG]

4. gorgy, if you want to give it a whirl my lovely, then I can't see the harm.
    I confidently predict that you will lose nearly 13 pounds almost immediately. [​IMG]
    x

5. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

Lol
    If you have access to a computer you can do the app thingy online. My secretary has a phone out of the ark. She logs on at work and at home. She's gone fom 12 stone to 10 and a half since half term in May.

6. Ha! Seems like I might as well buy a posh phone! Manny I knew you would believe in me. Thirteen pounds = a stone before I even turn around Three and a half hours and I will be the sylph-like figure I imagine myself to be until I look in that pesky mirror!!

7. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

Hop on over to the H+W forum where on the 'Slimming for Summer' thread we've become mildly obsessed with this app. Trying not to undereat though....quite alarming that your team have become competitive over it, Curly!

8. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

Oh, and you can use it online, you don't need a posh phone app.

9. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

I know. To be honest they're a competitive bunch but it's all good natured. I have 3 teachers using it- one man, two women, and the secretary- one of the teachers is married to a head and they're using it too at their school. I had a look and I can see how it would be useful but to be honest I eat fairly sensibly anyway- I'm veggie, eat a low fat and low salt diet and exercise daily so I haven't bothered. Also I'm happy with my current shape/ size/ weight but I can imagine if I wasn't it would be a useful tool. It's interesting that you have used it over on your thread though Eva, I think there's definitely something about working on a goal together- you can support each other. There has been a marked reduction in the number of biscuits/ cakes consumed in the staff room and when I suggested our usual end of term chip shop lunch they were less than impressed. It Wouldnt have felt the same having chips on my own so I didn't bother :(

10. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Gorgy, sorry but I can't be positive about this. The word "hypnosis" would worry me.
    I'm going to check out the app thingy though so you and I might be supermodels by the end of the summer hols!

11. It sounds a bit like Paul McKenna's 'I can make you thin' (£7.26 - Amazon).
    Eva knows more about this method than I do, but I know a lot of people swear by McKenna.
    You wouldn't lose as many pounds straight away though. [​IMG]

12. Thanks, everyone. Believe me, undereating is highly unlikely to be a problem. Dozy - I already am.
    XX

13. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

Could you get it with your Tesco vouchers, gorgy?

14. I don't know - I have about 23 left. What do you think? Closing date was Fri but they will be desperate to make an exception for me, I expect.