1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Virtual Flights

Discussion in 'Primary' started by fishfinder, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Hello,
    We are hoping to take year 1 children on a virtual flight to Africa. Can anyone suggest a resource that they might have used to help

Many Thanks

2. smiley786

smiley786 New commenter

Hi,
    I have created a couple of powepoints. We have flown to China and France lol! It was brilliant, children really enjoyed it. We turned hall into airport. Had passport control, security. Children brought hand luggage and books to read. It was great fun!
    Leave your e-mail address and I will send you PowerPoint I created. You will have to change photographs to suit your topic. I also asked the headteacher to be pilot and do a voiceover as the pilot. He loved it and children were amazed!! I did the voiceover for all the other slides, so you may need to adapt some slides. (Hate the sound of my own voice - cringe!)
    We flew there on Monday and flew back on Friday. Created passports, holiday booking sheets etc. Staff dressed up as air hostesses! On PowerpPoint, I also put a short video clip half way through and we had snack whilst watching this - airhostess went up and down the 'aisle' and served drinks! It was fab.
    Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
    Smiley[​IMG]

3. That would be brilliant, thank you so much. Email me at andreasavage300@msn.com

Many thanx,
    Andrea.

4. Hi, we're thinking of doing this. Would you be able to send me the powerpoint? My email address is junecollison@btinternet.com. Thank you.