1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Virgin Trains will no longer sell Daily Mail

Discussion in 'Personal' started by TCSC47, Jan 9, 2018.

1. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

What deeply bothers me is that after 120 posts on something which should or should not be sold on Virgin trains, nobody has yet raised the utter travesty which passes for coffee on Virgin Trains, for which they charge £3.60 despite it being unfathomably rank.
    I'd rather buy The Mail because at least you've something to use if there's no paper in the loo, which is generally the case.

TCSC47 and lanokia like this.
  2. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

To quell the disquiet on here re the subject of The Mirror, may I suggest you all turn to "The Lady" magazine: "The Lady Magazine has always set the benchmark in quality reading. The intelligent and thought-provoking content aims to stimulate the reader while our fashion pieces and lifestyle articles are there to ensure that ladies are able to relax whilst flicking through our pages." Will this quench the flames of anger? https://www.thelady-magazine.co.uk/ :)

3. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Edit-do you see that small dot? That's a very small screen splutter.
    Done like a Lady.

needabreak likes this.
  4. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

5. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

I read most papers who let me view their pages without asking me for donations or member ship. I read the DM and i must say iImust read a different paper to all of you. Most of what I read in there...nearly 70% of its news is reporting on american events...so much so usually the 'british' news comes in about 1/2 to 3/4 down the web site page.
    All newspapers have bias you have to use your intelligence to know what is improbbable, stupid and biased.