1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Vinyl Cutters?

Discussion in 'Design and technology' started by misspixie9, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Hi

I'm hoping someone can help me... My school have a vinyl cutter (Roland Camm-1 something....), that it appears hasn't been used in forever. We've found the drivers, and even found a computer that will run them, but now I'm struggling to get it to do anything! We used 2D Design for most CAD/CAM, but also have access to Illustrator. Am I missing something in between the two?

I've played with the machine itself, and hitting the "test" button makes it cut... Not sure how much that helps though!

I'd love to be able to get it to work - seeing equipment lying around unused always annoys me!

Thanks for any ideas/help/advice.... :)

2. I too am in the same situation. Would it be possible for me to email too? The ICT technician guy at work told me I could only use the software for the Camm and not 2D design, to which I have not tried and tested myself!

3. Simon67

Simon67 New commenter

If it's a CX24EO I can forward you a copy of the Inset course if you want.... if it's a CM24 I do it from my head! Both work staight from 2D Design I think. Try File-Plot(or CNC Output) and see if the machine's drivers are loaded.