1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

vif program Summer 2011

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by neet82, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Hi,
    Anyone applied for vif in 2010, I got in but am just waiting to hear back about schools? anyone else in same situation or have they been allocated a school yet?

2. Hi,
    I applied last year, but with the economic situation wasn't placed. My application has been reactivated for this year, but I'm not getting my hopes up to be honest. School allocation can happen late, I still think it's a bit early. I may be wrong though.

3. Hi Neet82 - Bella7 is quite right, the inbound recruitment of international teachers to the US has slowed significantly since the economic downturn. (I know, I manage a similar program). Your chances of being placed really might depend on your subject specialization - maths and science teachers for example could still be in demand, not so much though a 4th grade elementary teacher. Also, the budget cycle has been pushed back which affects school and teacher staffing allotments etc. Which in turn pushes back the date when schools would know if an international teacher is an option. We've experienced problems with this, specifically with candidates from the UK because of the contract deadlines you are under. If your subject fits, and you are patient and flexible then you could be placed. Visit www.itesonline.com to learn more or email me personally at rmcnicholas@itesonline.com if you have more questions.
    Thanks!
    Rory McNicholas
    International Teacher Exchange Services

4. Hi Roy,
    I have applied to VIF 2 days ago. Can I apply to ITES at the same time? I'm from Spain and I have a Bachelor Degree equivalent to USA to teach ESL. I'm from Spain so I could also teach Spanish. I also certified as a bilingual teacher in Texas and passed Texas tests (101 Generalist EC-4, 102 Bilingual EC-4, 160 PPR EC-12, TOPT-Spanish.
    I don't know if I can apply to 2 International programs at the same time....
    Thanks,
    Gabriela