1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Views to sales ratios

Discussion in 'TES Authors' Group' started by dsattaur, May 18, 2018.

1. dsattaur

dsattaur New commenter

Hi all,

I am curious to get an idea of what a good ratio of views to sales is for a moderately priced paid resource. I have only recently started selling, my first resource sold twice within the first 3 views which probably gave me unrealistic expectations. It has now been viewed 50 times and still only sold twice. Is this about average?

Thanks,

David

2. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

Getting 4 sales to about 100 views is the usual average....

3. schoolsciences

schoolsciences New commenter

Anywhere between 3-5% is good for ecommerce. Anything significantly above that and consider raising the price.

nick_redshaw likes this.
  4. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

As I have free resources that have been included in the calculation (for some bizarre reason), I'm not sure what mine is, but suspect it is in the 3-5% that schoolsciences has stated. Some authors claim theirs is 12%! If mine was 12%, I could retire...

nick_redshaw likes this.
  5. dsattaur

dsattaur New commenter

Thanks all, good to have a ballpark figure to evaluate against

6. iandoublem

iandoublem New commenter

For two of my resources the conversion is over 13%. The issue for me is that people don't find them in the first place. I create resources (primarily) for GCSE Film Studies which is relatively niche but not a tiny subject (around 5000 students a year sit the exam I believe) but TES consistently ignore it as a discreet subject. Their absurd catalogue for categorising subjects means that teachers find it impossible to search for Film resources unless you externally search using Google. If more people could find my products I'm sure more would buy them.

Of course, I also have take issue with the 'preview' window-my two biggest resources are over 50 pages in length and yet I can only upload one image to show my potential customers; with more of a preview for all resources I'm sure everyone's ratio would improve dramatically.

nick_redshaw likes this.
  7. elder_cat

elder_cat Established commenter

It would be nice if TES could offer the 'look inside' sort of preview that you sometimes see with listings for books. These usually allow the reader to view the Table of Contents, and a set number of pages, as a preview of the whole thing.

8. iandoublem

iandoublem New commenter

That would be the ideal solution, though I appreciate that it might not be the best solution for all resources. If nothing else, simply allowing all sellers to upload at least 5 preview images for all resources would help a lot. Ideally, something like the eBay uploader would be perfect-12 images you can upload easily and then you can edit and move around to sort as you want / need. I guarantee that people spending a few pounds on a large, multi-page document would be more likely to do so if they can actually see what is in the document!

9. SolutionsEducation

SolutionsEducation New commenter

10% and creeping up. I'm hoping to maintain this growth until I hit 20% - from repeat customers, as follower numbers increase.

nick_redshaw likes this.
  10. nick_redshaw

nick_redshaw Occasional commenter

I was really pleased and proud to discover that my shop is performing as good as any ecommerce company in the 10% (6.25% Conversion rate) of the worlds ecommerce industries - happy days.