1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Vietnam Packages

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by mishmish121, Oct 3, 2014.

1. the hippo

the hippo Established commenter Community helper

Oh no! How is that possible, bilby? I thought that everything in Vietnam was perfect, judging by the numbers of young (and maybe not-so-young) teachers who all want to go there.

2. pinot

pinot New commenter

All of the schools from down under here have a dreadful reputation, chuck you in a classroom without CPD and told to get on with it. Massive increase in quality schools recently as the market has exploded and as the competition is fierce the schools have to be good with stable staff. I do not know anyone who has regretted the move.

3. bilby

bilby New commenter

Ahh Mr Hippo do I detect a pinch of sarcasm from the deep waters of China !
    The school is one to be avoided as a soul sucking machine
    Worst leadership I have ever come across
    Jam packed classes
    Little EAL program
    Money making blood sucking
    Treat teachers badly
    Lack of resources
    Angry, disheartened educators scrambling to leave
    Nothing to do with australia or the Australian education system .. they don't even celebrate Australian culture
    Those teachers coasting continue to do so and are often given one of two position staff of responsibility.. one in particular in primary has a dubious past they seem to continuously over look and allow him to teach young children
    No year co ordinator no maths, Lang etc co ordinators
    Children sit on metal seats in a canteen at lunch and are served slodge
    They take advantage of the lack of English parents have
    ... need I go on
    , but after all that you can have a tiger beer in hcmc and forget that you are a teacher who used to care about the well being of children and just stay there

4. the hippo

the hippo Established commenter Community helper

Yikes! I did not realize that it was quite so bad. Well, as in many other places, I suppose that it very much depends on your school. Other teachers in Vietnam would give a very different picture, I am sure.