1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Vietnam International School Job Requirements

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by PhuMyHung, Mar 23, 2019.

1. PhuMyHung

PhuMyHung New commenter

Hi all,

I am in the process of completing my PGDE in Secondary English, and I'll be doing my NQT year in 2019/20. I taught ESL in Vietnam for around 8 months and in Europe for a few months. I'd like to return to Vietnam after my NQT year to work as a Secondary English teacher this time.

Will my teaching qualification and one year of UK teaching experience be enough to secure a job like this? I also have a master's in English lit - would that potentially help?

I know there are some international schools that are more liberal with their requirements than others but I'm worried one year of experience won't be enough,

Thanks.

2. osgirgin

osgirgin New commenter

Hi Guys.Just to WARN people, if you are thinking teaching at Shanghai United International Schools (SUIS) in China BEWARE of this chain schools particularly SUIS Wenzhou. I would suggest you to do your home work before accepting any offer from them.They are profit making schools and managed by incompetent people who makes teachers life miserable at work that's why they are forever recruiting here on TES and elsewhere because every one of their schools have huge staff turnover every year. If you need more information about this scandalous chain schools then drop me message.I will do my best to help you.