1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Videos for teaching the Holocaust

Discussion in 'History' started by Rascarin, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Rascarin

Rascarin New commenter

Hi all, sorry in advance if I'm just being blind and have missed loads of great resources for this, but I'm really struggling to find a source for a good, informative video that introduces the Holocaust, how it began and what happened during it. It's for a Year 8 group, so it probably shouldn't be excessively graphic but at the same time it should be an honest portrayal. I really want to make sure I'm doing justice to such an important topic.

For a bit of context, I'm actually a science teacher who has been co-opted into covering History, so this is well outside of my subject knowledge! Our school focuses heavily on self directed learning, so my plan for most of the teaching is dividing them into project groups and having each group work on a part of a timeline of the Holocaust, but I really want a good introduction lesson.

I know there must be some really good videos out there (a decent length one, anything from 20 to 40 minutes), but I've been googling for days and I can't find any links to actual documentaries or anything that I think would be suitable.

Could anyone please link me to any videos they have used themselves, or send me files if possible? I'm happy to register on websites to access content, but I can't get anything that's behind a paywall.

Thanks in advance.

2. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

3. kpjf

kpjf Occasional commenter