1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Video Recording of Interview

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by liz69, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Hi I have been invited to an interview. I am in the UAE. I have been told the interview will be video recorded and rthat it will be treated sensitively and confidentially. Very uncomfortable about that but package looks good. Any advice? Ideas?

2. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

Wouldn't worry about it; I've been videod twice before . It can't be used for any negative consequences.
    1. It allows decision makers not able to attend interview to review interviewees.
    2. Allows interviewers to reflect on and review the interview and clarify discussion points post interview.
    Never used the technique myself, but think it can be a positive tool for interviewers.
    I'd like to make some rude jokes about videos, but will hold off, for now. [​IMG]

3. Hi to anyone who is reading this.

I agree with mistermaker that it can be used in a positive way HOWEVER

I have to say be careful as I have been recorded illegally, without my permission and the person put the video on the internet which has been aired to the public (the video has disclosed my personal data).

I am very distressed and currently still trying to get this removed. I have come across about another 2 dozen videos by this company and it is clear that the rest of the people are NOT aware that they are being recorded. BE CAREFUL. I ADVISE anyone who has had interviews to search their name on the internet and see what appears.

4. The videos posted of you on the internet were of you believing you were being interviewed?