1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Video Editing Software

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Crowbob, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Crowbob

Crowbob Established commenter

I am looking for advice/opinions on the above. I am looking to purchase some software for converting/editing my digital camcorder recordings to DVD.
    My main requirements are:
    *Compatibility with .MP4 and .MOV formats
    *Ability to create funky DVD menus
    *Quite extensive editing features (beyond trim/crop)
    *Must have more functionality than Windows Live Movie Maker...
    I have looked at Cyberlink and the Adobe Premiere offerings and would value user feedback on them as well as on other options.
    Thank you very much. Please don't let me down, TESsers.

2. Crowbob

I am looking for advice/opinions on the above. I am looking to purchase some software for converting/editing my digital camcorder recordings to DVD.
    My main requirements are:
    *Compatibility with .MP4 and .MOV formats
    *Ability to create funky DVD menus
    *Quite extensive editing features (beyond trim/crop)
    *Must have more functionality than Windows Live Movie Maker...
    I have looked at Cyberlink and the Adobe Premiere offerings and would value user feedback on them as well as on other options.
    Thank you very much. Please don't let me down, TESsers.

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I suggest you duplicate this thread in the Subject > Media Studies forum for full coverage.
    Also, you should indicate preferred platform: PC or Mac? Or either?

4. Crowbob

Thanks! And you are correct, I should have specified platform T.T PC

5. I am not au fait with much video editing software but Lightworks seems to be very well thought of and has been used in lots of Hollywood movies. It's also open source and available for download.
    Heres the link to the technical specs and you can browse the rest of the site to if it is what you want.
    http://www.lightworksbeta.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=108&Itemid=247

6. ...ooops

Heres the link to the technical specs and you can browse the rest of the site to SEE if it is what you want.