1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Video clips to replace frequent teacher cliche phrases?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by dagza, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Hello,
    I have been teaching 10 years and am getting a bit sick of saying the same old things. Things along the lines of sit down, stay in your seat, put the phone away, take your coats / hoodies off, I'm waiting for quiet and so on.
    I was going to record some sound clips in funny voices to play instead but I was wondering ..
    Can anybody think of any films where phrases like this have been used which we could play instead of straining out voices?
    Thanks a lot
    Darren

2. Dangerous minds?
    Could use a Qi style alarm

3. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I've got a load of sound clips from loony tunes cartoons such as Yosemite Sam saying 'Shadup'! or Marvin the Martian sayings 'You've mad me very angry, very angry indeed'. I downloaded them from a website yonks ago but I can't find it now or it no longer exists. pm me with an email address and I'll send you a few next week from work.

I also have some Marx Brothers things like Groucho saying 'Last night I shot an elephant in my pyjamas, what it was doing in my pyjamas I'll never know'! Or 'Will you marry me? Do you have any money? Answer the second question first'!

4. Elsie Teacher

Elsie Teacher New commenter

I am a prim and proper primary teacher with a secret penchant for thrash metal. So often in my head I am screaming Sanctuary's 'Ascension to Destiny:' I WILL DOMINATE THE LIKES OF YOOOOOOOOOU!!!!!!' LOL