1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Video artist identification

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by Treessz, Jan 21, 2011.

1. <font size="2" face="Arial"> Anyone know the name of the video artist who was at the tate modern ages ago. He / She made a short film using utensils and plasticine. Each scene illustrated a function eg pencil sharpener on pencil etc then after a while the functions got mixed up (sharpener on finger I think). Does this ring any bells?!?!</font>

2. <font size="2" face="Arial"> Anyone know the name of the video artist who was at the tate modern ages ago. He / She made a short film using utensils and plasticine. Each scene illustrated a function eg pencil sharpener on pencil etc then after a while the functions got mixed up (sharpener on finger I think). Does this ring any bells?!?!</font>

3. Hi Tim
    I had a look through past copies of Tate Etc. magazines but couldn't find anything probably best to ring their Education department directly to be put through to someone from archives. Good Luck

4. The artist is Jan Svankmajer, and the work is called Dimensions of Dialogue:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaMIR7uRTLo&feature=related
    Skip to about halfway for the bit you want.

5. John you are a legend!![​IMG]