1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Vibat canem!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by albertdog, May 4, 2012.

1. My father, known to many here as Albertdog, has asked me to write this message on his behalf. A month ago, he suffered a stroke, from which, I am very pleased to say, he is recovering well. He has some remaining right-sided hemiplegia, although his speech improving well. His prognosis seems to be very good.
    My father has 'waxed lyrical' about just how much he enjoyed writing for his fellow 'Tessers' and how much he valued and appreciated their fellowship and support. He is very touched by the messages of concern he has received, apologises for any worry he might have caused, and sends his best wishes to all.
    Hopefully, my father will soon be able to use a modified keyboard and resume his correspondence. I think he fancies himself like 'that wheelchair guy' but without the Dalek voice!
    Lucy Russell.

2. My father, known to many here as Albertdog, has asked me to write this message on his behalf. A month ago, he suffered a stroke, from which, I am very pleased to say, he is recovering well. He has some remaining right-sided hemiplegia, although his speech improving well. His prognosis seems to be very good.
    My father has 'waxed lyrical' about just how much he enjoyed writing for his fellow 'Tessers' and how much he valued and appreciated their fellowship and support. He is very touched by the messages of concern he has received, apologises for any worry he might have caused, and sends his best wishes to all.
    Hopefully, my father will soon be able to use a modified keyboard and resume his correspondence. I think he fancies himself like 'that wheelchair guy' but without the Dalek voice!
    Lucy Russell.

3. I didn't really know your dad at all, but enjoyed his posts, and I know many people here were concerned. Thanks for letting us know, and I hope he continues to recover xxx

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Oh Lucy thank you so much for letting us know.
    Your father has written so many beautiful posts on here, some happy, some sad, some both, and has given many of us much joy.
    He and I would often exchange PMs (personal messages), and we both talked a lot about our dogs. He so loved little Albert!
    Pleas give him my very best wishes for a speedy recovery and tell him he is greatly missed on here.
    Belle
    xxxx

5. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Ah get well soon albertdog - cyber hugs to you (((((((([​IMG])))))))))

6. angiebabe

angiebabe New commenter

Ah get well soon Albertdog - cyber hugs to you (((((([​IMG])))))))

7. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

I was wondering..
    thanks for letting us know.

Vibat canem!
    what does that mean then ?

8. Thank you so much for letting us know Lucy - your father is held in high regard and much affection here and we both missed and worried about him.
    I hope his progress continues apace and he will soon be back.
    Big hugs Albertdog - get better very soon
    C xxx

9. Oh Lucy...thank you for letting us know about Albert...and I am so sorry he suffered a stroke..poor Albert...but really pleased he is recovering. Many of us wondered where he went because he wrote so well...and we knew life had been difficult for him...He was missed.
    Please send him my very best wishes - I hope he continues to make good progress - but most of all I hope life will be good to him. It seems so unfair that he's had yet another blow...
    Get well soon Albert...x x

10. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

Strange that he was posting on TES less than a fortnight ago and didn't mention it. I do hope his recovery continues.

11. harsh-but-fair

Roughly - The dog lives!

12. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

Thank you for letting us know. I am very fond of Albertdog and it is horrible when 'cyber' people just vanish. I do hope he makes a good recovery and can write on TES again.

13. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Harshie....I think you'll find the last time albertdog posted was the end of March. I think you are getting confused with the threads asking after him.
    Just goes to show how much he was missed.
    Long live albertdog!

14. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to you albertdog...and a big cyberhug too!

15. harsh-but-fair

It seems I was - Thanks for clearing that up, Belle.

16. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Thank you so much for letting us know.
    He has a keen readership on here and the respect of many.
    We had been wondering where he'd got to and were missing him. There were several posts about his absence - does he know that? I'm sure most of us would be unnoticed in our absence, but everyone wanted to know how he was and when he would post again.
    Here's wishing for a full recovery for him and a resumption of his lovely writing on here when he is strong enough.
    Love xxx

17. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Lucy, I feared the worst when he just disappeared and didn't respond to any posts. He sounded so down the last time we heard from him.
    Thrilled that he is on the mend. As you can tell, we are all so fond of him and greatly miss his musings.
    Send him my best wishes. xx

18. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

He did indeed!
    I am so sorry to hear about this, but am relieved to know that you are making a good recovery, Albert. I hope you go from strength to strength and that we can look forward to more of your posts soon. Keep your chin up!!
    Very best wishes to you!
    x

19. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

I'd just like to add my best wishes here too. Like many others, I don't know albertdog at all, but have enjoyed many of his posts.

Wishing you a speedy recovery albertdog, looking forward to having you back x

20. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Me too. Wishing you all the best. I'm so glad to hear you are on the mend. Thanks to you too Lucy for letting us all know.
    [​IMG] Get better and posting soon.