1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Very thin blue vertical line on Clearblue- pregnant??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by bruno71, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Hi, sorry didn't check forum yesterday as v busy with work!
    I did a re-test this morning and am sorry to say that it was clearly negative- I bought one with the pink dye that uses a single or double line, rather than the + sign. I am really disappointed as I have loads of symptoms and really thought I was pregnant!! My cycle is not always exactly 28 days (last month's was 35) so I don't know whether this could have affected it. But then I don't know why the Clearblue would have been a faint positive as it would have been too early to tell. [​IMG]

2. sorry to hear that. it does seem wierd to get a false +ve, more liklely other way round.
    did it say how sensitive the tests are? should be so many mIU hcg? could be the one you used today was less sensitive.
    incidentally, if you are going to need them in the future you can get far cheaper tests on ebay - the ones the docs use, without all the plastic casing. they are super senstive too.
    eg. item 140325549863

3. the +ve picture on clearblue that I posted on here was 4 days before AF was due, 11 DPO - I know it was because I had the smiley face on my ovulation kit the 11 days prior. When I tried the first response 2 line pink test I didn't get a line. They are not as sensitive as the Clearblue ones, and I am quite clearly pregnant at 38 weeks today!
    Try another clearblue using full morning urine in the next couple of days if AF doesnt arrive.

4. The problem with testing early is that you may have had a chemical pregnancy - that would explain how you got a positive and now a negative. Like Imorme says, test again in a few days but I really would caution against testing before you miss your period. So many fertilised eggs never manage to implant and to see a positive test, get your hopes up then find your not pregant must be upsetting to say the least.

5. Hi,
    By miss a period, do you mean for the month completely, so wiat until the next month to test?
    I tested after being a day late, so that was probably too soon really. I don't think that what you describe above will have happened, as the first test was not a definite positive by any means.

6. Mrs Music

Mrs Music New commenter

I have a friend who a couple of years ago was in the same position as you. She had a very faint positive line on a pregnancy test, then got negative on 7 others! Two weeks later she tested again and was positive. She'd done so many as she came to my wedding, and had quite a few drinks, sure that she wasn't pregnant, when it turns out she was, it was just very early days. She now has a very healthy 2-year old little girl! Time will tell, good luck x

7. Sorry, I forgot you where actually late when you tested. A day late is probably when most people tes - its when people test a few days before period is even due when it worries me.

Its still prob worth testing again in a few days

8. I am definitely going to test again this week or next. The problem really is that it is Christmas and I want to know whether I shouldn't be drinking at all my Christmas parties!! If it was a normal month I would wait for another week or so, but have got work's Christmas party tonight and my sister's party on Saturday, hence the rush to find out!![​IMG]

9. At your stage HCG should double every 2 days - if you test again in 2 days you should get a correct result. Fingers crossed for you still.

BTW, the website http://www.peeonastick.com is really interesting in terms of whats going on with faint lines/no lines etc.

10. mermy

mermy Occasional commenter

Did you take another one? Hope you are ok x

11. Yeah I did another 'answer' one yesterday morning and was another definite negative. Still no AF though and I don't know whether I am 'symptom spotting' when there is really nothing to spot, but I am having twinges- especially on one side. They are not painful but I read someone else's description of them as like being pinched from the inside and that is exactly what it feels like! Also have very sore boobs, although I always get that before AF is due.
    I guess it is still a matter of being patient!....

12. I did so many tests when was pregnant with 2nd (and didn't know) They all came up -ve, but I just knew...the sore boobs def part of it, do you need to pee more? Take care of self just in case...all usual precautions...and fingers xed!!! By the way, with my first, I was unable to wear my contact lenses cos eyes dry and itchy, optician said hormonal changes such as pg could cause this, went and bought test, and BINGO! Is such exciting time, good luck.

13. mermy

You sound very calm, I am impatient now. Well, I suppose we all have to wait a few more days and we all keep your fingers crossed for you. Take it easy just in case.

14. Ah thanks for that. [​IMG]
    I am calm really because there is no point in me rushing out and buying another test and doing it tomorrow when the next few days are bound to throw light on the situation, as either AF will arrive, or I will get a positive!!
    It was hard yesterday as I went out with friends, one of whom is pregnant!! My OH thought I was silly not really drinking etc. as he thinks that now we have had 3 negatives I am def not pregnant, so should carry on as normal, but something is just telling me not too.....

15. Oh good luck!!...

16. mermy

Thanks x

17. Got impatient today and did another test! Was a first response early one, so would def have been sensitive enough to pick anything up and it was a clear negative. I think that I am now resigned to the fact that I am not pregnant and the first one was not a positive.
    Still no sign of AF though, which is very annoying as want next cycle to start!!

18. mermy

Sorry to hear. On which day are you on now? Really strange that AF hasn't arrived yet.

19. Day 36 now, so am 8 days late, really don't know what is going on.

20. mermy

That is really strange. Have you ever been this late before? I don't want to give you any false hopes or so, but you probably also know that there can be false negatives. Maybe if nothing happens by next week I'd go to a GP and ask for a test there even if it is a blood test.