1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Very thin blue vertical line on Clearblue- pregnant??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by bruno71, Dec 7, 2009.

1. The title says it all really!! I did a test today (Clearblue, not the digital one) and after the two mins were up, it showed the normal thickness horizontal line for negative and a very thin much fainter line vertically. I took this to mean negative and my husband agrees, but I have been looking around on web and people seem to say this could be a faint positive?? What do people think?

2. The title says it all really!! I did a test today (Clearblue, not the digital one) and after the two mins were up, it showed the normal thickness horizontal line for negative and a very thin much fainter line vertically. I took this to mean negative and my husband agrees, but I have been looking around on web and people seem to say this could be a faint positive?? What do people think?

3. Go to the GP for a test, be sure. Or wait for an August surprise!

4. A line means a positive! how many days late are you? if you arent many yet it might not show up as a dark line...try again in the morning with first morning urine!

my first test had such a faint line I thought I had imagined it, the second was much darker...and I am now 34 weeks pregnant!

good luck, let us know what happens!

5. I am only a day late, so you may be right about it not showing up yet. I will try again later this week, can't wait to know for sure!!
    Husband thinks that it isn't a line and likens it to when you look at a digital clock from the side and you can see the patterns from where the numbers would be!!

6. It will be thin and faint till you're at least a few days after AF is due. As Rwe says, a line is a positive! Only thing to be aware is if you look at the test after 10 mins and didn't previously see a line, a faint evaporation line may appear. However you say you looked after 2 mins - which I reckon means your pg. Congratulations!

7. I had this. Retest in a day or so. A faint line is still a line and can mean that there are not enough pregnancy hormones in your system yet. If you are only just overdue, or even using one of the early predictor tests, this could be the case - it was in my case!

8. It's not so much a faint line, it is quite dark really, but just much thinner than the horizontal one.

9. Sounds like a positive to me as there won't be a line unless you are pregnant. I took an early pregnancy test about a week before AF was due and saw an extremely faint line but didn't believe it. That was in May and I am now 32 weeks pregnant! Congrats. [​IMG]

10. Ah am getting excited now, with all these comments!! I will have to try and contain myself, as I don't know for sure and am going to test again on Wed morning- don't want to do it again tomorrow in case that is too soon and will still be unsure!!

11. I also have to say, I found Tesco own brand tests much better than Clearblue - I tested with both 3 days after period was due and it was so much more obvious that Tesco one was a positive (nice thick line) whilst clearblue line was thin and faint.

12. When you say thin and faint with Clearblue do you mean both lines or just the vertical one?
    I will try a Tesco's own one for Wed morn then!! Husband has just got it out of the bin and the line is much more visible now (still thin, but definitely there). I have told him that you can't trust them 3 hours later!!

13. Just the test line, the control line was nice and thick - I cant remember which one is vertical, it was 9 months ago!

14. [​IMG] yeah it must be hard to remember the thickness of the lines from nine months ago!

I guess I will just have to be patient....

Thanks for all your replies, I will keep you posted x

15. if you have a spare one, you could test in the morning - the hormone levels multiply rapidly and first morning urine will be most concentrated too.
    a faint positive today would be quite convincing tomorrow morning - that is exactly what i did - first test on period due date v faint (was supposed to have a boozy night out so was making sure we hadnt been lucky that month - glad i tested!!), next morning no doubting the result.

16. This was my positive line on the clearblue when I found out (am now 37+5 weeks)
    http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa128/lmorme/P1000855.jpg
    As you can see the verticle line is really quite narrow compared to the test line, with the leading stripe dark and the remainder like your OH said - like looking sideways at a digital clock and seeing the shapes of the numbers.
    You ONLY make the hormone HCG when you are pregnant, and this is what the testers test for. Therefore you are certainly pregnant! Congrats!

17. d2148j

d2148j New commenter

Is it the kit that has makes the + sign if pregnant? If so even a faint I in the + is a positive result. Also think any line however faint means you are pregnant. The strenght of the line is done on how much of the pregnancy hormone you have in your system. Do a re-test just to be sure.

18. This thread is really exciting! [​IMG]

19. Indeed!! I keep checking for further news!!

20. p9c

p9c New commenter

Aggghhhh!!! How can you bear to wait!!! Go buy a digital test, then you can be sure - the clearblue ones are fantastic. Please...... let us know - can't wait to hear.