1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Very noisy baby!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by saz19, Feb 16, 2012.

1. My son is 8 weeks old and for the past few weeks has been so noisy in his sleep. It always starts after his early morning feed at about 5 or 6 and I just have no chance of going back to sleep! It's hard to explain the noises but they're like grunting, groaning, moaning noises with the occasional high pitched squeal! When I check him he's fast asleep. I always make sure he's been properly winded so I'm at a loss. I mentioned it to hv and she didn't really say much except maybe he's trying to poo but it never has any link with him doing a poo. My husband can't sleep in the same room cos little one is so noisy and I'm so tired!! Has anyone had any experience of this or could offer any tips? Thank you! Xx

2. We moved our little one into his own room at around this age as he was so noisy in his sleep- 4 weeks on we haven't looked back. We are all getting a much better nights sleep- I no longer wake up for every noise and he can certainly make himself heard if he really needs us!

3. Mine was so blinking noisy we couldn't sleep either! She also took to running her hands up and down the edges of the moses basket, making a dragging / rasping sound that set my teeth on edge. She was moved into own room about 6 weeks and it was brilliant for all of us - much better sleep from her and for us. Think I'd been a bit too quick to respond to her when she was right by me, too - she settled herself pretty quickly and started sleeping for slightly longer stints and then having better feeds.
    There are the guidelines for prevention of SIDS that say safest in with you till 6 months. But there are no guidelines about how dangerous it is when mum is so sleep deprived she drives hardly awake for essential appointments with the baby in carseat not strapped in!

4. hhhh

hhhh Star commenter

Maybe try a ifferent type of dummy? I found the orto ones tend to help them be quiter?