1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Very first observation - 1st year early years - story

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by becky91, May 1, 2011.

1. Hi, on tuesday i have my very first observation ever! I've been told by my class teachers to do a story - but i don't know which one to do.

the other trainee is doing key person time so the tutor coming in will see her doing more teaching than me!

any suggestions on how to make my lesson stand out???

p.s im still struggling with asking questions during stories any help on this would be amazing

Thank you :)

2. Hi, on tuesday i have my very first observation ever! I've been told by my class teachers to do a story - but i don't know which one to do.

the other trainee is doing key person time so the tutor coming in will see her doing more teaching than me!

any suggestions on how to make my lesson stand out???

p.s im still struggling with asking questions during stories any help on this would be amazing

Thank you :)

3. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

How did your observation go?

You could think about questions that either clarify the children's understanding of what you've read, or that encourage their imaginations and ability to predict what might happen next. So in "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" you might ask the children why he had a tummy ache to find out if they've understood that he ate lots of food that isn't good for him, and on the page with the cocoon ask what they think might be inside the cocoon when it opens up.