1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Very bizarre date

Discussion in 'Personal' started by ResourceFinder, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Well, at least he did not try and bed you first [​IMG]

2. Free meal, that is the main thing!

3. Did you order the most expensive thing on the menu? That might have out him off!

4. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

before every good guy like me there must be many bad ones.........
    talking of bedding.i have a 70 year old friend...and all the guys ranging from 45 -65 want to bed her on the first date....do you think there is something missing if no one wants to? lol
    mind you no body wants me...well its what i tell the missus!

5. learningyoghurt

learningyoghurt New commenter

Don't you just love it when people try to pre-empt rejection by forcing you into the role of rejectee?
    I always find that laughing loudly at them helps. Or alternatively trying to freak them out by saying things like "Oh, but our horoscopes said that we were a perfect match" or "Oh, but I've already told all my friends that we'd go to dinner at theirs as a couple" or similar.
    If you ever get the chance, try it. It's fun [​IMG]

6. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Sounds as if he was trying to let you down gently,even if it was done in a bit of an awkward way. Nicer than leaving you wondering what is next. No harm done. Enjoy your holiday,we deserve it.

7. chicabonita

chicabonita New commenter

Love it [​IMG]

8. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

What a chauvinist pig!

9. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

FGS there are plenty more out there.forget him as a loser and move on.....he hasnt got the brain to see what a wonderful person you are.....or the caring maturity to say goodbye nicely!

10. My brother had seen plenty of ex-"don't-let's-waste-time" like you will soon be, who said after ten minutes "I don't think this will work.. Thanks but goodnight."
    You will soon come to apprciate the value of brevity and honesty, however hurtful it may seem now.

11. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

I'm appreciative of the fact he was very honest and forthright in what he had to say. I just didn't like being made to feel like I was being properly dumped in the middle of a busy restaurant foyer by someone who was essentially making out that my life was going to be so much emptier without him.

12. Is muppet .Ignore. If it happens again, start screaming loudly about having to bring your unborn child up fatherless and how you thought after you forgave him last time it would all be ok....his turn to be embarrassed methinks.

13. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Sounds like he over-egged the pudding somewhat. Could have been nerves rather than ego. He may have gone home and cringed at himself.