1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Very best wishes

Discussion in 'English' started by VeronicAmb, Sep 3, 2012.

1. VeronicAmb

VeronicAmb Occasional commenter

Good luck to you too! :DD I am dreading it possibly twice as much as you! This will be my first full-year as HoD - since I only started this year April! Yikeees!

That's really annoying because we've just switched from Edexcel to AQA as of tomorrow!!!...

Although, it's teachers training for me, so I can do some last-minute work and checking everything is in tip-top order! What lessons will you be teaching tomorrow? :p

2. thequillguy

thequillguy New commenter

All the best to everyone starting, especially HoDs and NQTs. We have a slower start which I appreciate, especially for the younger ones.

3. midnight_angel

midnight_angel Senior commenter

More than anyone could ever possibly know (I return tomorrow); I've always looked forward to the 'fresh' start of a new school year, but for the first time ever I'm absolutely dreading it (due to various things that happened to the department at the end of last year more than the recent events this summer and confusion about grade boundaries next year, which won't help!).
    My HoD is fantastic at her job in regards of leading and supporting her team, but I wouldn't want to be in her place right now for the world.
    But good luck to everyone, and hopefully (despite many doubts) it will be a [reasonably] good year for us all [​IMG]