1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Vertigo

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by pastychucker, May 4, 2011.

1. Hi all - anyone have experience of vertigo? I went to the doc about the dizzy spells I was having - she said it was vertigo and that there was nothing she could give me to help it. She said it was probably an inner ear infection and that it shouldn't be a problem unless I was still suffering in 6 weeks time. Well its now 6 weeks. I am going to make an appointment with the doc this week but I wondered if anyone could share their vertigo experiences and possible causes. Thanks.

2. Hi all - anyone have experience of vertigo? I went to the doc about the dizzy spells I was having - she said it was vertigo and that there was nothing she could give me to help it. She said it was probably an inner ear infection and that it shouldn't be a problem unless I was still suffering in 6 weeks time. Well its now 6 weeks. I am going to make an appointment with the doc this week but I wondered if anyone could share their vertigo experiences and possible causes. Thanks.

3. I had this in my thirties. If it isn't a balance/inner ear problem it may be related to hypertension. If so, treatment is appropriate . Did the doctor check your blood pressure and discuss the reading?

4. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

My mum has terrible vertigo as a result of a car crash.

She has learned to live with it by not bending in certain ways, standing up slowly etc.