1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Vegetarians - Inspire Me

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by A_Teacher_Of_Computing, Mar 6, 2011.

1. I really don't feel like buying meat this week and could use a little inspiration for when I go shopping in Tuesday.
    I need 4 simple meals that are nutritious, tasty and take no more than 30 mins to prepare (with upto an hour for cooking).

2. Egg and spam;
    egg bacon and spam;
    egg bacon sausage and spam;
    spam bacon sausage and spam;
    spam egg spam spam bacon and spam;
    spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam;

3. heh heh, there is the slight possibility this should have been in cookery.

4. Ah, and here's me waiting for you to ask if there is anything available without any spam in it. lol

5. Right, I see your geek menu and raise you...

Korn (on the kob?)

GNU (burger). Oh, that's not veggie.

Wine before the Java.

and for pudding a healthy Apple.

I need to get out more, I can just tell...

6. I'll just knock something up from scratch.

7. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Now I've finished laughing (sorry), here are a few tried and tested veggie recipies that taste gooooood and are dead easy:
    Lentil & sweet poato stew:
    https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/p/308606/4459261.aspx#4459261
    Shepherdess pie:
    https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/p/432962/5878015.aspx#5878015
    Sweet potato & pearl barley salad (sorry - I know it's Tesco's, but it is very nice!):
    http://www.tescorealfood.com/Recipes/Sweet-potato-and-pearl-barley-salad.html
    Super quick vegetable pasta:
    http://www.allaboutyou.com/food/Vegetable-pasta-recipe/recipe
    Enjoy! [​IMG]

8. I was actually just logging on to ask if there was an option without Spam (brains working slowly at the moment).
    I'm going to try cooking the sweet-potato and Pearl Barley tonight, that sounds really nice.

9. anon468

anon468 New commenter

LOL! Spookily enough, that's what I'm cooking tonight too.
    Should be enough for dinner and a couple of packed lunches, I reckon.

10. Red peppers stuffed with rice, sweet potato and spinach and topped with cheese. Salad to accompany and home made bread to mop up the plates.
    Forgot....there are pine nuts in there too

11. Posted this in the wrong place - duh!

12. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Brilliant! 5 posters I've never seen on the forum before. Lots of lurkers it seems.. Engage them to talk about food in whatever way you can while they are tempted to communicate.

13. I think they may prefer talking ICT stuff on the ICT forum, MM [​IMG]

14. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

I only added a few so it probably didn't make much difference tbh ;)

15. Maybe my bowels are just used to lots of veg and legumes and beans, but none of it ever gives me the marshypoopies!
    Meat, on the other hand makes me feel bloated and constipated.

16. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

Love it :)
    As to the root veg curry it was lovely and easily on a par with the other curries I tend to do (which disappear as if by magic).