1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

VCOP M-M-Megapack (free!)

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Brenden, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Having looked into the technicalities of this I think you may be breaking copyright with the pyramids as it has Ros Wilson copyright - sorry to Shelley as I hadn't twigged what she meant.

2. I think it would be a great shame if Brenden isn't 'allowed' to keep the VCOP megapack available on his site. He has put a great deal of work into producing good quality, free resources for primary teachers and making them all easily accessible/downloadable. Especially since some of the pyramids and other materials in the gold and purple books, although fantastic, are printed in tiny fonts with annoying greyscale backgrounds so they are not readily photocopiable for using on a classroom display/working wall. When I bought 2 of Ros' books, I expected to be able use them directly to make resources for use in class. Because of the layout/font size/grey/shiny paper this wasn't as easy as I'd have liked it to be. After spending around £40, I still ended up looking for printer-friendly resources like Brendan's to save me some time. I think Ros Wilson's ideas a great and they've had a positive impact on my class' writing despite the fact we've only been doing it for a very short time. I think Brendan's resources complement Ros' books nicely, meeting a need for display material that the books don't. As he isn't selling them and making a profit and you'd still need to buy Ros' books to make best use of his resources I think it would be a shame to use the copyright issue to remove them.

Thank you Ros for your good ideas and work promoting your methods of improving children's writing - my class have benefitted and are much more positive about writing.

Thank you Brenden for making all your lovely resources and sharing them - you've saved me lots of time and made my classroom more attractive.

3. I have had a chat with Curtis and everything is fine. He has no intention of suppressing my free resources, and would only seek to do so if I was selling them or if they were very poor. So thanks again if you're reading this. Full speed ahead!

4. See told you to email him - was his holiday in Egypt okay?

5. Actually he emailed me and we didn't discuss his holiday, but I'm sure it was great!

6. About fifteen minutes ago. I am waiting to be activated...

7. Great - I look forward to your contributions to the forum