1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Varmints

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Caramel2308, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Caramel2308

Caramel2308 Occasional commenter

Hi - I hope someone can help. I ordered a book nearly two weeks ago and it was promised by early last week and it hasn't arrived. I chose it as it was a book from the Power of Reading site and sounds like a fantastic resource. I am now in the position where it hasn't arrived and I need it to plan and teach from before Tuesday (inset day tomorrow). It is 'Varmints' by Helen Ward. I am hoping it will turn up tomorrow but in case it does not, does anyone out there have a copy that they can send me images of the first part of the book to enable me to do at least some initial teaching from. I am not even sure if this is allowed as I am not very up on copyright laws so if it isn't then fair enough.I do knowthat there is a film, but I used this, with some of the stills, as a stimulus on the last day of last term as a way of collecting some language so that is no use to me. I am so annoyed with the seller because if I had known this would happen I would have paid the extra to have it delivered directly from a book shop. I might appear disorganised as I would be thinking, if I were reading this message at this point, 'why didn't you sort out an alternative last week', however, I was on holiday last week with no access to the internet and have tried in vain today to source the book from any of the high street book shops. Arrh!!

2. allybongo300

allybongo300 New commenter

Hi. Just seen your message. I have the book at school and am happy to scan pictures etc tomorrow. Please email me if you'd like me to.
    Ali
    allybongo100@hotmail.com

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter

@allybongo300 I know you are trying to be helpful, but leaving your personal email on an open forum is unwise. You can always contact someone using 'Conversations' which are private messages and alert them in the forum that you have done so if you wish.

(Be careful of copyright laws too ;))