1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Valued member of staff - how to say goodbye properly??

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Emma H, Jun 6, 2007.

1. We have a member of staff leaving at the end of term. She has been fantastic throughout her time at school to children, staff and parents.
    It is usually this person who writes songs for other members of staff when they leave, she organises assemblies, the choir, band, leavers assemblies and productions and thats only part of what she does!!!
    We really need to do something really special for her, i.e huge assembly, memories from children etc
    Any ideas how we can make it really really special/individual? Jer leaving is such a huge loss to school but also want to celebrate what she has done for us!!!

2. We have a member of staff leaving at the end of term. She has been fantastic throughout her time at school to children, staff and parents.
    It is usually this person who writes songs for other members of staff when they leave, she organises assemblies, the choir, band, leavers assemblies and productions and thats only part of what she does!!!
    We really need to do something really special for her, i.e huge assembly, memories from children etc
    Any ideas how we can make it really really special/individual? Jer leaving is such a huge loss to school but also want to celebrate what she has done for us!!!

3. Make a video and show it with a projector, including vox pops from kids, parents, staff, ex-pupils telling her how great she is.

4. Put together a 'This is your life' book. This was done for a member of staff at my previous school as he had been there for almost 30 years. He said it was his most valued present ever!

5. Might sound a bit cheesey!! But when a very valued member of our staff left, we sang
    All things bright and beautiful and swapped the words around putting in things they had done/achieved e.g.
    she gave us songs to sing to,
    and French we learnt so well,etc etc etc!!!
    and then
    Mrs....'s the best of all.
    The video of children syaing poems or nice messages is a great idea too.. Hope this helps & enjoy your celebrations! :eek:)

6. Thankyou!!!
    Really love all of these ideas. Will start putting them into practice!

7. Nutty06 what sorts of things were included in the 'This is your life' book? Sounds fab!

i haven't been with my school for long, but a most senior, valued and well respected member of staff is leaving... want to drum up something fantastic for them!!!

Thanks (",)

8. Photographs of his time at school, statements from different members of staff (and old members of staff) that had worked with him. The group who put it together managed to get some statements from previous pupils of his. There was memories of him in it, photos of trips he had been on. There were photos of old classes he had. Somebody even managed to get hold of his application form for when he started at the school. It was a beautiful piece of work and it really touched him. He still has it.

9. We are changing the words to Abba's Thank you for the music for our music teacher that is leaving

it sounds great!...but i cant get it out of my head!

10. Hi,
    Have you got the changed lyrics for Abba's Thank you for the music. I would also like to perform it with my class for a musical teacher who is leaving.

Many thanks
    H.Davies