1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

valentine's day is ****

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon468, Feb 14, 2011.

1. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I can top the lot of you.
    Husband working nights and left at 5. And I got made redundant this morning.
    So I'm sitting here with only the dog for company having a bloody good cry to myself.
    F*** my life.

2. thats the spirit hunni, the glass is half full and all that, heres another upside; chances are his new woman is a raving, hormonal jeremy kyle reject (if shes not we can pretend she is)

3. sorry the reply was for the previous post. poor you mana, i hope things turn out ok for you tonight is going to be hard but tomorrow will be better, x

4. learningyoghurt

learningyoghurt New commenter

Nah, I am trying to cultivate an air of zen-like calm and wish him happiness. Sometimes it even works.
    Oh crikey, ((((manashee)))) that's awful. Is there anyone that you can call?

5. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Thanks LY. Don't want to call any of my mates. On a major downer and I tend to go into my cave. Hate bothering people with my troubles.
    Second f***in' time in 18 months. Seriously p***ed off.

6. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Thanks to you too starbuck - applying for 2 jobs tomorrow when my head's a bit clearer. Wish me luck!
    Nearly passed out in Tesco earlier. Feel really shaky and can't get warm, even thought the heating's turned up full blast.

7. Sorry to hear that manashee. As one door shuts, another one slams in your face.
    But you got another last time. You will again.

8. you are doing the right thing coming on here, sometimes an anonymous rant can help, hope you feel better soon.

9. lily are you going to tell us what that ba***rd got you for valentine's?

10. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Lily, you made me smile, dag nabbit! [​IMG]
    Just feel old and tired and unwanted. Trying to summon up some positivity but the well is dry. [​IMG]

11. My boyfriend of 3 years and I split up yesterday. It was going to happen eventually (end of the line type of thing)... but *** valentine's day ruined my plans to take him out to celebrate a new job... which led to a discussion... which led to a "you know, this isn't working and hasn't been for a while" conversation.
    Hope you're okay manashee... don't bottle it up. It doesn't help. Only one of my friends had any idea that things weren't right with me and A, and even she didn't know the whole of it. And if A and I hadn't been so good at bottling things up then maybe I wouldn't be in bed on my own, wearing his hoody because it smells of him and I need *something* to help me sleep tonight.

12. the well is never dry mana, i've decided to be a negative b*tch tonight so you can have some of my positivity ++++++++++++++++
    use it well my dear x

13. heres some for you too sparkly +++++++++++++
    bet you're too good for him but you wont see that yet, give it 2 weeks and you will be a different person (promise)

14. Nah, we're just very different people, and in the end were far too different. There's no hate, just a lot of sadness.

15. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Thanks again starbuck - you mad woman!
    Sparkly, I'm so sorry. Puts my problems into perspective. Hope you're okay too. x

16. I think loosing your job is pretty bad!
    But thanks.
    I just keep on telling myself "this too shall pass".

17. So sorry to hear you are having such a **** time - things can only get better - so they say.

18. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I had a crap day at school but a nice gift from hubby.

19. I had 'o sh*t you got me a card. I'm so sorry - I didn't get you anything!' and came home to a hand made one with a big red felt-tip-coloured-in heart. Aww.
    Hope you guys are feeling better. Life sucks sometimes.

20. (((((((((((((((all those who are feeling ****))))))))))))))))
    Valentine's day is a non event here.....married too long (far too long). No cards, flowers etc though I did cook Mr C his favourite meal which he stuffed down the back of his throat so fast it barely touched the sides. Ho hum.