1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Valenines Assembly, gulp :(

Discussion in 'Primary' started by moggycat, Feb 5, 2011.

1. I know there has been a recent post on here about this from someone else, so sorry to repeat it...I have an assembly next week on Valentines and am very worried. I want to make it fun and interactive but basically only have ten mins. I was thinking of getting a few children to stand up with love hearts and say who they love and why i.e parents, family etc etc. I just wondered if anyone had any better ideas or knew a fun story on St Valntines? I dread doing assemblies as it is!

2. I know there has been a recent post on here about this from someone else, so sorry to repeat it...I have an assembly next week on Valentines and am very worried. I want to make it fun and interactive but basically only have ten mins. I was thinking of getting a few children to stand up with love hearts and say who they love and why i.e parents, family etc etc. I just wondered if anyone had any better ideas or knew a fun story on St Valntines? I dread doing assemblies as it is!

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

Saint Valentine's Day, commonly shortened to Valentine's Day,is an annual commemoration held on February 14 celebrating love and affection between intimate companions

I really wonder if this is a suitable subject for primary aged children ...

5. oops, meant valentines!

6. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

I guessed