1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Vaisakhi assembly help!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by must be crazy!, Mar 10, 2009.

1. I am in year 1, and we have to do the Vaisakhi assembly this year. There are three classes, and we each need to do something different, but at the children's level. Though about something to do with the 5Ks, and dancing, but thats still not enough.
    We are tearing our hair out!!! Has anyone got any good ideas - pleeeeeease!!!

Thank you in anticipation!!

2. I am in year 1, and we have to do the Vaisakhi assembly this year. There are three classes, and we each need to do something different, but at the children's level. Though about something to do with the 5Ks, and dancing, but thats still not enough.
    We are tearing our hair out!!! Has anyone got any good ideas - pleeeeeease!!!

Thank you in anticipation!!

3. Hi

did u manage to get an assembly for vaisakhi

Help if u did

Please can u email it to me on sparkle1978@live.com

thanks

Pav

4. Hi,
    Although this may be a little late for you now, I thought I'd share a few ideas. It's not always easy to incorporate the 5K's with dancing (have you checked out the Vaisakhi song on TES?) but given the age of your students, you could create a simple "Spring"script for the kids to act out on stage (Vaisakhi is also a harvest festival) with flower masks as their costumes. If you have a diverse student population, get some students to play the tabla or dhol while everyone enters/leaves the assembly, tapping out the names of the 5 K's or Panj Pyare.
    You can check out my unit if you want something more in depth about self-identity or please feel free to ask!
    Wishing you well!

5. I will be posting a Countdown to Vaisakhi handout soon! Feel free to email me if you need more info www.navjotkaur[dot]com