1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Vacuum cleaner recommendation

Discussion in 'Personal' started by derekdalek, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Can anyone recommend a good vacuum cleaner? One that had really good suction and is upright, with a long hose for stairs.
    I should say that I have had enough of Dyson. This is the second one I have had that has lost suction and wont co-operate!
    All suggections are welcome!

2. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

Dyson every time as long as you look after it per manufacturers instructions. If you don't nothing will work.

3. Its been cleaned and properly looked after ( both models I have had have been well-maintained) but the suction is gone when its tilted back, ready to push over the carpet. Im fed up with Dysona and want an alternative.
    Thanks for your thoughts.

4. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

German every time. My vacuum is lovely, works a treat and has NEVER let me down :)

5. I have a Vax... it's good at picking up cat hair (I have a mog who lists sleeping, eating catfood and shedding fur as her three only pastimes) but it tends to jam up pretty easily and putting it onto hose mode is a bit fiddly.
    Still picks up better than my mum's Dyson - just requires hubby to de-cat it on occasion.

6. lucylollipop

lucylollipop New commenter

just got John Lewis vacuum last week - £89.00. Very very impressed so far! Super suction and quite lightweight.

7. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Did this on Opinion, Miéle Cat and dog.

8. bogstandardcomp

bogstandardcomp New commenter

Vax, and theyr'e only about £40

9. Thanks everyone. I have narrowed it down to Mièle or Sebo.

10. http://www.amazon.co.uk/iRobot-Roomba-Vacuum-Cleaning-Robot/dp/B00124W16O
    Check this out - my neice has one and it is fab! Cleans daily at same time and docks self back in the charger! A treatto watch!