1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

UWS PGDE- Anybody had any confirmation of app being received or decision?

Discussion in 'Scotland - prospective teachers' started by PaulMc871, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Hi there,
    Just wondering if anybody has applied for the PGDE at UWS and had confirmation of receipt or a decision? I know it's early but I can't find my recorded delivery receipt so just want to make sure i'm not missing out and they're quicker than I suspect!

:)

2. Hi there,
    Just wondering if anybody has applied for the PGDE at UWS and had confirmation of receipt or a decision? I know it's early but I can't find my recorded delivery receipt so just want to make sure i'm not missing out and they're quicker than I suspect!

:)

3. Hi!
    I sent my application off a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard anything back yet. I hate this stage of just waiting, very frustrating!

4. Hi.. I applied to UWS last year and they were quite frankly a shambles. If you look back on some of the posts regarding UWS last yer you will see that no-one heard anything for ages then every time somene phoned for information they were given the same line - we are hoping to send out information this week. Needless to say it never happened. Those who were not selected for interview (which was most of us as they had only a very small amount of places) did not get an acknowledgement of their application or anything else until after places were given. It made me think twice about applying there again this year as I would worry that the department in general was pretty poor. I am not applying (for travel reasons) again but best of luck to you that are!

5. Hello all,

Spoke to admissions today and they are hoping to notify successful applicants next week.

Not sure how accurate this is but worth mentioning.

Karmen

6. I emailed them last week and they said by end of month. My references arent in yet so I hope they get in soon! I chased my referees today. Hate this wating game!

7. I think only one of mines is in! I have chased him today too...I can't stand the wait. Have you applied anywhere else?

8. One of mine was sent yesterday and the other was getting done today. I emailed the uni to ask if my refs could be emailed in and they said that was fine. The lady that emailed me said they would begin sending invite to interview letters by the end of this week.
    I applied to Glasgow and Strathclyde through GTTR. Had an interview with Glasgow on the 6th Jan. Messed up my interview big time, just nerves. My two mates that went on the 11th to Glasgow have had their offers already. The wait for news from Glasgow is killing me!!!! Pinning all my hopes on Paisley now!
    Have you applied anywhere else?

9. Acht, I'm sure you did fine! They will be used to seeing nerves.
    No, I was going to wait until 2012 and cycle then had a bit of a change of circimstances. Only had UWS left still taking applications.

Not expecting to get in but want to see how the process goes.